Friday, March 12, 2010

Linko! XXXIX


* A few weeks back, my buddy Swerve and I got bombed and watched a few classic episodes of "The Ant & The Aardvark" on HuLu. [SIDE NOTE: There is some crazy animation on HuLu, y'all. Not only do they stock a ton of mostly terrible anime, they also have that "Legend of Zelda" cartoon where Link would always be like, "Excuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess!", the always totally awesome Don Bluth film "The Secret of NIMH" and whatever the fuck this is.]

Anyway, "Ant & The Aardvark" was just as bad I as remember it being from 3rd grade Nickelodeon, so I was surprised when I found out via Cartoon Brew that the characters were being brought back as part of this young-centric "Pink Panther" reboot that just started on Cartoon Network, though I think it's kind of funny that the original voice actor came back to do the bad Jackie Mason impersonation voice for the Aardvark and that Kel is now the Ant. It's on Sunday night. I think I might watch it.

* You know, I read this article called "It's official: An asteroid wiped out the dinosaurs" and sure they make their case or whatever, but I'm also kind of like "Pics or it didn't happen."

* I really thought Katherine Dacey could have titled this brief, smart post "Four things fanboys who don't want to read manga should please stop bitching about" too.

* I'm insanely excited to read the few things I don't already own of Graham Annable's "Grickle" comics. Read him and read his comics at this killer Robot 6 interview by Chris Mautner.

* Not sure what I think about Sci-Fi Jesus Fish, but I don't think I'm going to buy one.

* A friend of my friend got a book deal!


* I read Len Wein's "The Untold Legend of Batman" about a zillion times as a kid, but I'd never read the Bill Finger, Shelly Moldoff joint from 1956 that inspired "Legend's" whole "my dad was Batman too!" thread until Tom Spurgeon linked to it. BOSS.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Great blog :-)

Katherine Dacey said...

Thanks for the link, guys. I'll take your title suggestion under advisement for my next rant!