Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Art Attack: August 2010's coolest covers

Can you believe the summer's almost over?

Oh, no it's not, it hasn't even started yet...but in the land of comic book solicitations, August's already peeking its foreboding little head out at us!

To lessen the impact of our summer of love ending before it has even begun, let's take a gander aty 25 slick covers that will blow our collective mind!

AGE OF HEROES #4 by Jae Lee
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #640 by Paolo Rivera
BALTIMORE: THE PLAGUE SHIPS #1 by Mike Mignola
BATMAN BEYOND #3 by Dustin Nguyen
BLACK WIDOW #5 by Daniel Acuna
BUZZARD #3 by Eric Powell
DAREDEVIL: BLACK & WHITE #1 by David Aja
DC UNIVERSE LEGACIES #4 by Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez & Dave Gibbons
DEADPOOL #26 by Dave Johnson
DMZ #56 by John Paul Leon
DOOM PATROL #13 by Matthew Clarke
GREEN ARROW #3 by Mauro Cascioli
HAWKEYE & MOCKINGBIRD #3 by Paul Renaud
HELLBLAZER #270 by Simon Bisley
HEROIC AGE: PRINCE OF POWER #4 by Salva Espin
HIT-MONKEY #2 by Dave Johnson
NEW AVENGERS #3 by Stuart Immonen
RAWHIDE KID #3 by Mark Brooks
R.E.B.E.L.S. #19 by Kalman Andrasofsky
SECRET AVENGERS #4 by Marko Djurdjevic
S.H.I.E.L.D. #3 by Gerard Parel
SUPER HERO SQUAD #8 by Leonel Castellani
SUPERGIRL #55 by Amy Reeder
THE STAND: HARDCASES #3 by Tomm Coker
TINY TITANS #31 by Art Baltazar
That's right, Steve Rogers, you know you want Nova's helmet! Now give it back before Richard Rider catches a nasty head cold!

5 comments:

Kello said...

That Matthew clarke Doom Patrol cover is really cool.

KentL said...

Some really awesome covers this month. A bit disappointed with the DC UNIVERSE LEGACIES #4 cover by Garcia-Lopez. He's capable of doing some really great covers that pop out at you, but this isn't one of them. The characters are drawn well, but there isn't anything popping out at me. I hope Immonen sticks with New Avengers for a while. He really has hit his stride on the title. Of course, Marvel likes to shift their artists around, so it's not likely.

That Super Hero Squad cover it great.

I like the way Amy Reeder has brought her own style to Supergirl covers, but has also managed to keep the light and airy feel that Middleton established. Very nice.

I think Tomm Coker should be drawing a Dr. Strange ongoing.

Ben Morse said...

I must admit I've never been the most devoted Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez fan simply because he followed George Perez on New Teen Titans and thus I always saw him as a step down. However, I've developed more appreciation for his stuff as I've seen more, and I dig that cover.

KentL said...

"I must admit I've never been the most devoted Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez fan simply because he followed George Perez on New Teen Titans and thus I always saw him as a step down."

I'm with you there. Perez is my all-time favorite artist, so there was a letdown when Garcia-Lopez took over. Of course, as I got older, I realized how much of Garcia-Lopez's work I enjoyed and didn't even realize.

www.muebles-en-cuenca.com said...

For my part everyone ought to glance at it.